December 07, 2018, 11:45
For more info on the Global Day of Action on Military Spending, see www.demilitarize.org.
Global Day of Action on Military Spending, 2012:
All UN states have promised to:
- eradicate extreme poverty and hunger,
- achieve universal primary education,
- promote gender equality and empowering women
- reduce child mortality rates,
- improve maternal health,
- combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases,
- ensure environmental sustainability, and
- develop a global partnership for development.
What would it cost to do so by 2015?
About $329 billion per year.
What is spent on the military per year, world-wide?
Over $1.6 trillion.
The world spends more than five times as much on the military as it would cost to achieve all these superb goals. Let's fix that!