January 28, 2021, 12:00
My current projects and campaigns
Project Save the World
The human population faces significant risks from at least six current sources: wars and weapons (especially nuclear); global warming; famine; pandemics, massive radiation exposure, and cyberattacks. They are so inter-dependent that none of them can be solved without addressing one or more of the others, yet there are known ways of reducing all these risks. Go to tosavetheworld.ca for full information, and to join the campaign.
Please see my video archive for short (5-35 minute) reflections on personal and global history, from 1931 to the present.
Some background reading
(see the left-hand page menu as well)
- How to Save the World in a Hurry, a keynote speech to the Canadian Peace Research Association, at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, Brock University, St Catharines, 29 May 2014. This is a precursor to our How to Save the World in a Hurry conference at the University of Toronto, and to our current Project Save the World.
- Streaming audio of a talk to Senior College, University of Toronto (external link): here
- Peace Magazine: read (and subscribe to) the magazine or link directly to all Metta's Peace Magazine articles
- Zero Nuclear Weapons, a forum in Toronto, 13 & 14 November 2009
- Making Peace in Stockholm, a contemporary report from the 1986 Stockholm Disarmament Conference and the parallel Women's Peace Gathering.
- A selection of Metta's academic and non-academic papers
- Metta's curriculum vitae
- Family photos and a history of Calera, Oklahoma
- A website about Metta's book Two Aspirins and a Comedy
- Facebook and Twitter
Professor Metta Spencer
155 Marlee Ave #201
Toronto ON M6B 4B5
or use the mailback form on this website.